Making lasting change in the community
We invite you to become more deeply involved in United Way’s mission.
United Way’s giving societies provide passionate individuals the opportunity to make lasting change in our community.
As a member of our Keel Club, Tocqueville Society, or Anchor Society, you join with others to shape change by helping to influence and guide our work. You don’t just help people; you play an active role in transforming how they are helped.
Together, we will achieve our vision of a Rhode Island where every individual has equal opportunity for justice and prosperity.
As a giving society member, you will have the opportunity to see your work in action. In addition to helping Rhode Islanders in need, you will also enjoy other exclusive benefits, including:
- Joining a statewide network of philanthropic leaders
- Exclusive United Way events
- The opportunity to involve family members through MyFund and volunteer programs
- Access to MyFund, your personal charitable account
- Public recognition in United Way’s annual Community Impact Report
Which giving society is right for you?
You may give via payroll, by check or transfer once, or monthly or quarterly automatic payments. You may also donate stock or via IRA rollover (see more about giving options).
We are happy to discuss which giving society might be right for you. There are many ways to make a gift including payroll deduction, credit card, and appreciated stock. Please contact us below.
- Anchor Society for donors who make a planned gift (i.e. United Way as a beneficiary in your will); contact Amanda Heinsen at email@example.com
- Keel Club for donors who give $1,000-$9,999 annually to United Way); contact Carolina Correa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tocqueville Society for donors who give $10,000 or more annually to United Way; contact Judy Dumas at email@example.com
If you prefer to give by credit card, be assured that you will automatically become a member of the appropriate giving society when you make a donation of $1,000 or more.
MyFund, a charitable giving account with concierge service
MyFund is United Way of Rhode Island's proprietary charitable giving account. It makes donations to all your favorite charities quick, easy, and secure. Add funds, send gifts, view and print statements in one place, at any time. Consolidate your giving and receive one tax receipt.
With MyFund, you'll get a personal United Way representative to answer your questions throughout the year. Giving society members especially appreciate advice and assistance involving family members in giving via MyFund.
Learn more or, if you already have an account, login at MyFund.org.
IN THE NEWS
3 Things Going On At The General Assembly
The Bartholomewtown Podcast
Bill Bartholomew breaks down 3 different things happening inside the Rhode Island General Assembly that you may not be aware of — childcare investments, autobody bills and insurance premiums, and afterschool and summer learning legislation. Guests include United Way of Rhode Island's Kyle Bennett, director, policy and equity, and Marlene Guay, program officer, child development and 2-gen initiatives.
Uber/United Way offer free rides to vaccines
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.