211: Get help. get connected.
A free, confidential resource for rhode islanders
211 can connect you with housing, food, affordable childcare, and much more.
- 2-1-1 is a free, confidential service.
- Your call is answered by a trained professional.
- One call connects you with the appropriate resources you need in your community.
- It is efficient, fast and easy to use.
- No more wrong numbers or wasted time trying to find the right resource.
- It is always there for you—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Translation services available in many languages.
Police, fire or medical emergency? Call 911.
Not sure whether to call? These are just some of the ways we can help...
- Afterschool programs
- Soup kitchens
- Delivery if you’re homebound
- Alcohol and drug addiction treatment (See opioid addiction recovery information here)
- COVID-19 testing
- Depression counseling
- Gambling addiction treatment (Wonder if your gambling is an addiction? Try our screening tools here)
- Health insurance
- Avoiding eviction
- Place to stay tonight
- Rent/mortgage assistance
- Electric, gas, heat payments
- Program information
- Free or sliding scale legal assistance
- General legal services
- Ride options
- Transit information
- Comprehensive veteran assistance
- Medical assistance
- Cyber bullying
- Identity theft
IN THE NEWS
Rhode Island launches 211 voter information hotline
Providence Business News
"Rhode Island residents with questions about voting during the coronavirus pandemic now have a one-stop resource to get the answers."
Grant helps Woonsocket Summer Learning run through COVID
"The Woonsocket Summer Learning Initiative, located in the C3 Center at 120 Northeast St. in Woonsocket, has received a $142,000 grant from United Way."
Raimondo launches $7-million rental assistance program with United Way
"Gov. Gina Raimondo on Friday unveiled a $7-million initiative with the United Way of Rhode Island to provide tenants with help paying back rent and securing legal representation, with a goal of reaching resolutions outside of the court and keeping people in their homes."
Young Leaders Circle Virtual Networking Night
Meet and reconnect virtually with other young professionals from 6 to 7 pm. We'll be using the Remo platform, so make sure to sign up in advance.
Women United Community Learning Partners
Join us via Zoom from 5-6 pm for the next event in this series, featuring Newport Partnership for Families.
From Hello to Help: 211 Day Event
Join us at 10 am for a Zoom webinar, "From hello to help: 211 is always there." Check back here or sign up for e-news below to receive registration details.