Free income tax filing services for families or individuals
did you earn $57,000 or less?
Visit any Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site for service. For information about site locations and times, please dial 2-1-1.
Volunteer preparers are trained and certified by the IRS. E-filing for fast returns. Get your Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit. You may qualify for an EITC credit up to $6,660.
EITC: Who is eligible?
Single, head of household, earning less than:
- $15,820 – no qualifying children
- $41,756 – one qualifying child
- $47,440 – two qualifying children
- $50,954 – three or more qualifying children
Married, filing jointly, earning less than:
- $21,710 – no qualifying children
- $47,646 – one qualifying child
- $53,330 – two qualifying children
- $56,844 – three or more qualifying children
Be sure to bring:
Social Security Card
Original Social Security Card(s) for self, spouse, and all dependents
Valid Picture ID for self and spouse (if applicable)
All 2020 W-2, 1099 and 1095-A forms
Copy of 2019 Federal Tax Return if you have it
Child and dependent care expense
Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider
For direct deposit
A check or a savings account number with routing number
EARN IT! KEEP IT! SAVE IT! YOU DESERVE IT!
A statewide EITC coalition
In partnership with the R.I. Department of Human Services