Raise money via 401Gives
Rhode Island's largest single giving day
We want to help your nonprofit raise more money
On April 1, 2021, 422 nonprofit partners raised $2.3 million from 12,087 donors in one day. A 75% increase from 2020.
Join the Rhode Island nonprofit community as we come and raise even more money on April 1, 2022.
Our goal is to build nonprofit resiliency
401Gives was launched to strengthen Rhode Island's nonprofit community. For details on our successful first year, see the 401Gives 2020 Community Report here. (2021 Community Report coming soon!)
Our strategic goals include both increasing the number of Rhode Island nonprofits in stable financial conditions and increasing the amount of Rhode Island households that contribute to charities. (Read more about our focus on expanding philanthropy here.)
What's in it for you?
The benefits of 401Gives to participating nonprofits include:
- Raising money.
- Telling your story.
- Identifying new donors.
- Protecting donor privacy.
- Spending wisely (approximately 90% of gift fees paid by donors).
- Prize and match opportunities.
How to get involved for 2022
- Send your contact information to 401Gives@unitedwayri.org
- Check out the 2021 nonprofit toolkit, FAQ's, and start reviewing how you would be successful. Toolkits will be updated in the late fall.
- Registration for nonprofits will begin in late fall 2021 and continue until March 2022. Be on the lookout for the 401Gives emails (don't forget to check your spam folders!)
IN THE NEWS
3 Things Going On At The General Assembly
The Bartholomewtown Podcast
Bill Bartholomew breaks down 3 different things happening inside the Rhode Island General Assembly that you may not be aware of — childcare investments, autobody bills and insurance premiums, and afterschool and summer learning legislation. Guests include United Way of Rhode Island's Kyle Bennett, director, policy and equity, and Marlene Guay, program officer, child development and 2-gen initiatives.
Uber/United Way offer free rides to vaccines
From June 11 – 25, Women United will host Power of the Purse. This year's signature fundraiser is a silent online auction of fabulous handbags. Designers include Tory Burch, Coach, Kate Spade, Brahim, and more. All proceeds will go towards grants for community partners that positively impact children’s literacy.