211: Get help. get connected.
A free, confidential resource for rhode islanders
211 can connect you with housing, food, affordable childcare, and much more.
- 211 is a free, confidential service.
- Your call is answered by a trained professional.
- One call connects you with the appropriate resources you need in your community.
- It is efficient, fast and easy to use.
- No more wrong numbers or wasted time trying to find the right resource.
- It is always there for you—24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Translation services available in many languages.
Police, fire or medical emergency? Call 911.
Not sure whether to call? These are just some of the ways we can help...
- Afterschool programs
- Soup kitchens
- Delivery if you’re homebound
- Avoiding eviction
- Place to stay tonight
- Rent/mortgage assistance
- Electric, gas, heat payments (Learn more about the Good Neighbor Energy Fund)
- Program information
- Free or sliding scale legal assistance
- General legal services
- Free tax preparation (Learn more about Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Ride options
- Transit information
United Way 211 in Rhode Island is supported by Citizens.
IN THE NEWS
Balancing Accountability & Empathy At Work
Forbes Nonprofit Council
"Striking a balance between accountability and empathy is crucial for creating a work environment where employees can thrive... Here, 13 members of Forbes Nonprofit Council, including United Way of Rhode Island's president and CEO, Cortney Nicolato, share their expert tips on maintaining accountability and empathy in the workplace."
MolinaCares donates $105K to RI nonprofits
Reading Reaps Rewards celebrates 20 yr.
What's Up Newp
"The Reading Reaps Rewards Summer Learning Initiative welcomed 199 Newport students this summer at three learning sites... Students have daily literacy and math activities taught by certified teachers, engage with peers in learning activities, and enjoy field trips and guest presenters from local partnering organizations."