On Aug. 19, 2023, at the Rhode Island Convention Center, the area’s premier youth and family workforce development and career awareness event will be brought to you by United Way of Rhode Island. It’s called Power The Future.
Power The Future will be an annual empowerment event aligned with the 2030 plan of raising incomes, careers, and a stronger Rhode Island for the future by introducing youth and their families to a range of industries, including:
• Blue and green economy
• Bio and life sciences
• Offshore wind
• Science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM)
• Civic engagement and public service
Moreover, the event will feature adult learning components as parents/guardians can benefit in furthering their own education. Additionally, we will have in-language sessions designed for our Latino and Hispanic attendees. This will allow the entire family to be immersed in the same learning experiences, programs, and resources.
We are excited to collaborate across Rhode Island to power the future of our youth making them aware of opportunities now and in the future.
There are many ways you can participate, from sponsorship to volunteerism to providing content and education.
• Sponsor Power The Future and help to fill industries and career needs of the future. Email Lanre Ajakaiye at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Volunteer at the event on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023. Email Lori DiMatteo at email@example.com.
• Be considered to educate and deliver content at the event. Email Marisa Luseat firstname.lastname@example.org.